The road to recovery will be difficult at times. It's never easy to face pain in our life. However, by using these ten steps you may find freedom and strength by taking one step at a time.
1. Seek out weekly council with a trusted friend or health coach
2. Replenish nutrient depletion's in your body with food form supplements to reduce cravings. Contact us if you would like suggestions for safe, natural, and science based products.
3. Journal your daily thoughts, successes, and struggles
4. Take yourself out of the lonely areas of temptation and choose to be with people
5. Exercise your faith in a strength and power beyond your ability; if you have never known unconditional love; call 1-800-NEED-HIM or 1-800-NEW-HOPE
6. Look to God to give you the strength and courage you need.
7. Daily remind yourself that you are valuable and have been created with a plan and purpose for your life.
8. When you are ready, tell a trusted friend what you are going through. You will be amazed to find that everyone struggles with something. We all need a caring friend that will listen to us and love us unconditionally.
9. Be willing to uncover the layers of pain that led you to this path. The past is gone. Today is a new beginning.
10. Let go of guilt and bitterness. Holding on to it will destroy you. Isn't it time to forgive yourself and others.
Ten steps to survival through an eating disorder will start you on your new path to wellness. Daily, encourage the growth of new tapes and messages in your head. The brain is a complex computer with memory that needs to be reprogrammed. Be kind to yourself as you work through the process.
As you grow and discover the beautiful and valuable person you really are, you'll begin to crowd out your old path and with your new time and energy you can pursue your dreams and live out life to the fullest.
Note from a friend:
My journey of pain has ended – my healing is complete. I cannot say that one specific area of transformation was the key to waking up one morning free from the bondage of food….but it was a slow unpeeling of complex and confusing layers that enabled me to have the courage and wisdom to one day know that this chapter in my life was over. Forgiveness has washed away the pain and I have no need for this bondage anymore. God’s grace is powerful and life changing. I could not have walked through the shadows alone.
Thank you Lord for giving me a new life; Your forgiveness has given me the courage to forgive others.
Thank you for the gentle and loving Spirit of my husband and for the beautiful friendships I’ve had throughout this turbulent journey.
My prayer is that I will never forget where you’ve brought me from. That I may not hesitate to do what I can to pull others from the pit of despair and point them to You!
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; The Father of mercies and God of all comfort. Who comforts us in our difficulties that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Would you like to talk?
I would love to hear your story of recovery!